Faces that only we can save

As the mere existence of Christianity wraps itself around the fragile shell of our cultural Jesus (who only wears a suit) there are tens of thousands who starve, who bleed, who sweat and plead for a half a cup of goats milk.

For the millions of dollars spent on cat food, for the thousands of tons of food wasted each year... there are millions of lives drowned and wasted.

All of the bloated bellied children might as well have never been born, if they will live the life that they are destined to live if we don't do something about it.

We will have to reckon with our sins on judgment day. I, for one, will use my life to give to others. I cannot sit by and watch all of this just happen.
They are my brothers. My sisters. My mothers and my fathers. And they bleed the same red blood.

I pray with my help they will bleed no longer.


Copyright 2003 by pauly hart

No comments: